September 9, 2022, 8:00 AM - 12:15 PM (US Central)
Anthony Santiago, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adults.
What the course covers:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance abuse challenges.
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect a person with help.
- Expand content on trauma, substance abuse and self-care.
- A 5-step mental health first aid action plan.
• Fulfills Iowa Finance Authority's Qualified Allocation Plan Requirement
Pre-Registration Required | Limited Capacity
Please note this course requires pre- and post-course work to receive credit.