September 7, 2022, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM (US Central)
Homeownership is the leading driver of economic security and wealth creation for Iowans. The challenge we face is opening that pathway to more families, especially Iowans long locked out of this wealth-building opportunity. Homeownership benefits Iowans, communities and businesses alike. This is why we're pleased to announce the inaugural Iowa Homeownership Incubator - a challenge to Iowa lending institutions and real estate professionals to think innovatively about the future of homeownership and advancing financial literacy around homeownership among all Iowans.
The Iowa Homeownership Incubator requires partnerships amongst a lending institution and/or real estate company and community organization or business and the winning pitch will be awarded $20,000 to educate Iowans about financial literacy as it relates to homeownership and assistance programs available to them (with a required emphasis on IFA programs for low to moderate income Iowans) and must be centered around innovation!
Finalists will be determined by the Iowa Finance Authority and the Iowa Association of REALTORS® and will be invited to make their pitch to a panel of industry judges during this session!
- Proposals must include promotion of IFA programs for low to moderate homebuyers.
- Proposals must be led and submitted by lending institution or real estate company.
- Proposals must include community and business partnerships.
- Proposal content and format is at the discretion of entrants and should be centered on innovation.
- Deadline for proposal submission: Aug. 15 at 5:00 p.m. Proposals must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Finalists will pitch their proposals at the HousingIowa Conference to determine the winner.
- Entrants are not guaranteed an opportunity to pitch or funding and must sign an acknowledgement form prior to acceptance of proposal.