The HOME and National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) programs are important ways to fund affordable housing in Iowa.
• IFA’s roles: PJ and Grantee
• NHTF contrasted with HOME and local HTFs.
• Building your HOME/NHTF calendar - written agreement & affordability period.
• Fixed or floating designations.
• Income and rent limits and utility allowances.
• Fees and rent changes.
• Qualifying households – 2 options for income eligibility and the one IFA chooses.
• Student rules?
• Recertifications and household income increases.
• A workbook with references to key HUD guidance and other useful documents.
Plan to leave better prepared to provide housing using the HOME and/or NHTF programs.