Demystifying Blockchain in Real Estate, Title and the Law
September 6, 2018, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
Symmetry Blockchain Advisors, Inc.
Blockchain and cryptocurrencies are changing the world. The wave of adoption is much faster than the adoption of internet because people are a lot more technically savvy now thanks to widespread use of mobile devices, apps, and social media in comparison to the paradigm shift of the internet 20 years ago.
Therefore not having an understanding of blockchain and crypto puts you at a much higher risk of loss of competitive advantage as though you were creating software that does not work on the internet.
An Introduction to blockchain:
- An overview and history of blockchain
- The latest legal developments and the future
Blockchain in Real Estate and Mortgage:
- Characteristics of blockchain that are useful in real estate and mortgage
- Understanding peer to peer networks
- Discussing compliance, audit and regulatory schemas
- How will blockchain transform the real estate business as we know it
- Current use cases
1.25 hours Continuing Legal Education
Total Iowa Title Guaranty Track Hours Approved: 10 | Activity #: 303335